21 Suggestions for Your Success!
While transacting some business at the bank recently, I saw an article that was written by H. Jackson Brown, Jr. Although I don’t know who this gentleman is, I certainly believe that he must be a very wise individual. The bank was making available to its customers a copy of some of his thoughts. Because I constantly want to learn and grow and am always on the lookout for new information, I picked up a copy for my own personal use. Here at the beginning of a brand new year, I thought you might like to read these 21 Suggestions. You may or may not agree with all of them, but I believe there is a lot of profound wisdom found in this list.
- Marry the right person. This decision will determine 90% of your happiness or misery.
- Work at something you enjoy and that is worth your time and talent.
- Give people more than they expect, and do it cheerfully.
- Become the most positive and enthusiastic person you know.
- Be forgiving of yourself and others.
- Be generous.
- Have a grateful heart.
- Persistence, persistence, persistence.
- Discipline yourself to save money on even the most modest salary.
- Treat everyone you meet like you want to be treated.
- Commit yourself to constant improvement.
- Commit yourself to quality.
- Understand that happiness is not based on possessions, power, or prestige, but on relationships with people you love and respect.
- Be loyal.
- Be honest.
- Be a self-starter.
- Be decisive, even if it means you will sometimes be wrong.
- Stop blaming others! Take responsibility for every area of your life.
- Be bold and courageous. When you look back on your life, you will regret the things you did not do more than the ones you did.
- Take good care of those you love.
- Don’t do anything that would not make your mom proud of you!
Isn’t that a great list? I want to really encourage you to make a copy of this and post it somewhere that you will have easy access to in the coming year. You might even want to take the time to jot down several of these thoughts on a 3 x 5 card and keep them with you so that you can study them when you have any down time. I find that having a list of positive quotes with me that I can review when I am flying in a plane or am stuck somewhere for long periods of time is a good way of keeping my mind alert and fresh.
At the beginning of this New Year, I am doing everything in my power to make it the greatest year of my life. I trust you will join me with that same attitude for your own personal life and future!
Have a great week! God bless you!
Dr. Robert A. Rohm
Reprinted with permission from the “Tip of the Week”. To subscribe for the free “Tip of the Week” please go to http://www.personalityinsights.com and receive Dr. Rohm’s weekly Tip every Monday morning.