- Always choose organic spirulina from a reputable source. Non-organic brands can have added nitrate compounds or be contaminated with heavy metals and other toxins from the water.
- Spirulina comes in capsules, tablets, powders, and flakes. The recommended daily dose is typically 3 to 5 grams.
- When taking spirulina in any form, increase your intake of water to improve absorption.
- Since spirulina is a potent detoxifier, start with smaller doses and work your way up.
A Word of Caution: Even though spirulina is natural and generally considered a healthy food, there are some contraindications you need to be aware of.
- Do not take spirulina if you have a severe seafood or iodine allergy.
- If you are pregnant or nursing, consult your doctor before taking spirulina.
- If you have hyperthyroidism, consult your healthcare provider before taking spirulina.
- Those with PKU should consult with a doctor before taking spirulina because it contains that amino acid phenylalanine.
- Those on any type of anti-coagulation medicine should consult with a doctor before taking spirulina.
- If you have an auto-immune disease, such as multiple sclerosis (MS), lupus (systemic lupus erythematosus, SLE), rheumatoid arthritis (RA), or pemphigus vulgaris (a skin condition), spirulina may increase symptoms. Speak to your doctor before taking any blue-green algae.
By Robin Miller
Would feeling fantastic every day make a difference in your life? Healthy Highway is a Healthy Lifestyle Company offering Lifestyle Solutions for a Happy Healthy You! We help people who are…
- Wanting Work Life Balance.
- Needing Stress Relief.
- Concerned about their health and the environment.
- Frustrated battling allergies to gluten, foods, dust, chemicals, pollen.
- Overwhelmed with choosing the best products for their body, home, and office.
- Unsatisfied with their relationships with the men and women in their life and are ready to transform them into satisfying, happy partnerships.
- Standing at a Career Crossroad.
- Preparing to start a family and want a healthy baby.
- Seeking solutions for aging, more energy, and a good night’s sleep!
Are any of these an issue or problem for you? Would it make sense for us to spend several minutes together to discuss your needs and how HealthyHighway can meet them? As a Healthy Lifestyle Coach with an emphasis on allergies and wellness, Leesa teaches her clients to make informed choices and enables them to make needed changes for a Happy Healthy Lifestyle. What you eat, what products you use ~ on your body and in your home and office, how you talk to yourself ~ it all matters!
I look forward to helping YOU Live a Happy Healthy Life! Remember, Excellent Health is found along your way, not just at your destination.
Leesa A. Wheeler
Member International Health Coach Association
ring ~ 770-393-1284
write ~ email@example.com
visit ~ www.healthyighway.org
consult/coach ~ www.healthyhighway.org/contact.html
join our mailing list ~ www.healthyhighway.org
chews ~ www.chews4health.com/Leesa
enjoy ~ www.chewcolat.com
follow ~ www.twitter.com/HealthyHighway
learn ~ www.healthyhighway.wordpress.com
join ~ www.google.com/+LeesaWheeler
skpe ~ healthyhighway