We often associate habits with “bad habits” — the kind your doctor asks about, or you laugh about with your friends. Here are eight “good habits” that your body will love you for. Anyone can do them. You can do these every day till they become your excellent healthy way of living. Staying healthy is then easy! It just takes commitment to keep on doing them. Are you ready to make a wonderful difference in your wellness?
“We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a habit.” – Aristotle
1. Drink 2 to 3 cups water first thing in the morning.
- Drink warm or hot water. It’s gentler on an empty stomach.
- It is important that the water has nothing in it so that is passes through right away. If it contains anything at all (even lemon juice), it will stay in your stomach up to one hour not going into cleansing mode.
- The water will flush your kidneys and bladder clean out fasting debris from your stomach and colon.
2. Get Enough Sleep and Rest
That means getting 7 – 8 hours of sleep every night. If you are still feeling tired it is recommended to take short naps of 15–30 minutes.
What happens when we do not get enough sleep?
- Your immune system is taxed, making you vulnerable to viruses. Your immune system rebuilds while you sleep.
- You are therefore more likely to get sick after being exposed to a virus, such as the common cold.
- The brain needs to clean itself of toxins. Brain cells shrink during sleep, opening the gaps between neurons that allow fluid to wash the brain clean, according to study in the Journal Science.
- People gain weight when not getting enough sleep. Even just a few nights of sleep deprivation can lead to weight gain. – Research from the University of Pennsylvania found.
3. Eat Lots of Organic Vegetables (no, potatoes don’t count!) Every Day
Fill your plate three quarters full of vegetables.
- Vegetables are full of vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients
- On average, there are only 50 calories (or less) per cup in most of the most nutritious vegetables. (what I call PowerFoods)
- Powerfoods are high fiber foods that help cleanse your bowels, and thus your whole body.
- For a healthy Acid/Alkaline balance your plate needs to be three quarters full of vegetables.
4. Breathe Deeply
Few of us breathe deeply. Do you remember the last time you took a long, slow, deep breath, and slowly let it out again?
- Deep breathing can help reduce stress. We often eat more when stressed.
- Breathing exercises will help strengthen your lungs.
- Breathing mindfully increases energy, still the mind and lifts the spirits.
5. Control the Salt Habit
- Adults worldwide consume almost double the daily amount of salt recommended.
- This leads to weight gain, bloating, and the inability to lose those stubborn pounds.
- Salt can make you feel hungrier and thirstier.
- A belly will go down quickly just by cutting back on your sodium intake and eating more vegetables.
- Note: A little salt is good for your body. Don’t eliminate salt entirely.
6. Make Time for Relaxation and Meditation
- If you have a meditation technique, try doing it in the morning before getting out of bed, for ten or fifteen minutes.
- If you don’t meditate, simply put on relaxing music, close your eyes and breathe, trying not to get caught up in your thoughts, watch them.
7. Keep Fit
- To start, go for a walk of 20 – 30 minutes every day.
- A regular exercise program of at least 30 minutes several days a week will help build a strong immune system and help weight drop off, too.
- Being fit will help you recover quicker if you do get sick.
8. Keep Sugar Highs and Lows in Check
- Sugar Cravings can rule you because they are an addiction. You will need to develop some new habits to overcome them.
Why do we need to keep the sugar out?
- Sugar: Makes you fat, nervous, causes diabetes, kidney and heart problems, suppresses the immune system and causes wrinkles!
- Sugar cravings are often due to lack of nutrients creating an undernourished, hungry body. Keep your body nourished with lots of real food and extra nutritional supplements.
Things to do to help reduce sugar:
- Eat fresh and dried fruit instead of sugary sweets.
- Keep fully hydrated.
- Don’t skip meals. When you miss regular meals; you create a starving situation in your body and you will eat anything to bring your blood sugar level back to normal — and you know what that means.
- No sweets in your cupboards or fridge. It is too tempting to have them available.
- When craving strikes, go for a walk.
- Are food cravings & addictions ruling you? Listen to this free cravings webinar: Cravings Webinar
“Everything is habit forming, so make sure what you do is what you want to be doing.” — Wilt Chamberlain
All these habits are pretty obvious and simple to start. The trick is doing them long enough so they are an established part of your routine. This will take time and attention. To help you with this, check out the 2 5 30 Online Courses in which you can learn new habits and balance out your body. They are focused on alkalizing your body permanently and also applying food combining principles. There will not a single bit of sugar in any of the healthy recipes.
By Diana Herrington
Would feeling fantastic every day make a difference in your life?
Healthy Highway is a Healthy Lifestyle Company offering Lifestyle Solutions for a Happy Healthy You! We help people who are…
- Wanting Work Life Balance.
- Needing Stress Relief.
- Concerned about their health and the environment.
- Frustrated battling allergies to gluten, foods, dust, chemicals, pollen.
- Overwhelmed with choosing the best products for their body, home, and office.
- Unsatisfied with their relationships with the men and women in their life and are ready to transform them into satisfying, happy partnerships.
- Standing at a Career Crossroad.
- Preparing to start a family and want a healthy baby.
- Seeking solutions for aging, more energy, and a good night’s sleep!
Are any of these an issue or problem for you? Would it make sense for us to spend several minutes together to discuss your needs and how HealthyHighway can meet them? As a Healthy Lifestyle Coach with an emphasis on allergies and wellness, Leesa teaches her clients to make informed choices and enables them to make needed changes for a Happy Healthy Lifestyle. What you eat, what products you use ~ on your body and in your home and office, how you talk to yourself ~ it all matters!
I look forward to helping YOU Live a Happy Healthy Life! Remember, Excellent Health is found along your way, not just at your destination.
Leesa A. Wheeler
Member International Association for Health Coaches
ring ~ 770-393-1284
write ~ firstname.lastname@example.org
visit ~ www.healthyighway.org
coach, consult, contact ~ www.healthyhighway.org/contact.html
(Don’t live in Atlanta? Not a problem! We do virtual coaching worldwide!)
join our mailing list ~ www.healthyhighway.org
chcws ~ www.chews4health.com/Leesa
enjoy ~ www.chewcolat.com
follow ~ www.twitter.com/HealthyHighway
learn ~ www.healthyhighway.wordpress.com
join ~ www.google.com/+LeesaWheeler
skpe ~ healthyhighway