My Labrador, Sanchez, is 10 years old and I’m frequently reminded that he is in his golden years and they won’t last forever. I am very aware that every day of life for Sanchez is a gift, and little things remind me not to take it for granted. Just as I have my own bucket list for myself, I started contemplating what would be on his bucket list if her were to make his own. This is what I think he would say:
- A day of eating everything I want (preferably more than one day, but Lisa would never allow it)
- Take my time sniffing everything I desire during a long, leisurely walk
- Hump a Golden Retriever (just can’t resist them)
- A full day alone with Lisa when she’s not working (missing my days being an only dog)
- Daily morning naps under the piano while Lisa plays it
- Work as a therapy dog (note to Lisa: You’ve been saying you’d get me certified ever since I passed my Canine Good Citizen test earlier this year.)
Even though Gina is only four year old, it’s never too soon to start a bucket list. Here’s what I think hers would look like:
- Hike Squaw Valley
- Attend another agility camp
- Swim in a river, lake, and the ocean all in the same day (hint: time to go back to Florence, Oregon)
- Sleep in Lisa’s bed with her
- Earn an agility MACH title (This would make Lisa SO happy!)
What is on your pet’s bucket list? Thanks for sharing in a comment below.
Delivering Calm, four paws at a time…
Receive a FREE DOWNLOAD from the Calm your Canine Companion music series when you sign up for the Through a Dog’s Ear newsletter and/or Lisa’s Blog. Simply click here, enter your email address and a link to the free download will be delivered to your inbox for you and your canine household to enjoy!
(Leesa’s creme chow, Ava, received the entire CD set for Christmas 2012! She enjoys them in the car and at home! On Ava’s bucket list would be a big back yard with a pool just for her! )
By Lisa Spector
Lisa Spector is a concert pianist, Juilliard graduate, and canine music expert. She is Co-founder of Through a Dog’s Ear, the first music clinically demonstrated to calm the canine nervous system. Their new Canine Noise Phobia series is a breakthrough treatment and prevention program for canine noise sensitivities. Lisa shares her home and her heart with her two “career change” Labrador Retrievers from Guide Dogs for the Blind, Sanchez and Gina. Follow Lisa’s blog here.
Excellent Health is found along your journey and not just at your destination. Would it make sense for us to spend several minutes together to discuss your Health Issues or Problems and how HealthyHighway can help YOU Live YOUR Optimum Life? Please complete the information on our Contact Us page to schedule your consultation today! I look forward to helping YOU Live YOUR Optimum Life!
Leesa A. Wheeler
Healthy Lifestyle Coach, Artisan, Author
ring ~ 770-393-1284
write ~ email@example.com
visit ~ www.HealthyHighway.org
consult ~ www.healthyhighway.org/contact.html
chews ~ www.Chews4Health.com/Leesa
enjoy ~ www.Chewcolat.com
follow ~ www.twitter.com/HealthyHighway
learn ~ www.healthyhighway.wordpress.com