Did you know that access to clean water is the biggest social/health problem facing our world today?
The (astounding) Facts:
- There are between 800 million and 1 billion people that have no access to clean drinking water.
- That’s roughly 1 in 8 people on the globe, and roughly 3 times the population of the United States.
- 3.5 million people die each year from drinking bad water – an astounding figure given the preventable nature of the statistic.
- Diarrhea is the 2nd leading cause of death in infants and children. The majority of diarrheal diseases are caused by unsanitary water.
- To put it in perspective: in the U.S. we think of cardiovascular disease, cancer, and diabetes to be the worst of the worst in terms of the number of victims they claim each year. Combined, they claim about 1.25 million lives, roughly a mere third the amount that die each year from drinking contaminated water.
- The United Nations estimates that half of the world’s hospital beds are filled with people suffering from water-related diseases and illness, and that in developing countries around 80% of all illnesses are caused by poor water and sanitation.
The amount of suffering caused by contaminated water is literally unfathomable and altogether preventable!
Shop the exclusive India Hicks collection Today through May 4, 2017
And 10% of sales will benefit Well Water Global, Inc. (www.wellwaterglobal.org)
What your donation accomplishes…
- A $10.00 donation provides clean well water for one person for life!
- A $40.00 donation provides clean well water for a family of four.
- A $100.00 donation creates a biosand filter serving 40 people for 10+ years.
Imagine how many people we can help by building a well. So, we will be building a community well at a school in Kenya! Wells are a lasting impact on a community, providing the opportunity for wellness, economic growth, and education. When clean water access is at school, children are not kept home from school to gather water, in fact they are SENT TO SCHOOL to gather the family’s water. This is a huge shift in their daily lives! It will be an added incentive to get those kids to school instead of keeping them home to help around the house. And really, education is the key to get these families out of poverty. We’ll even receive the exact geographic coordinates (longitude/latitude) of the well so you can look it up on the internet and know exactly where it is. That is pretty neat, huh?
More about India and The India Hicks Collection
May Your Life be Happy, Healthy and Absolutely Extraordinary!
Live Life Beautifully and to your greatest health and career success!
Leesa A. Wheeler, CMSAT ~ Certified BioEnergetic Technician
Career Coach & Healthy Lifestyle Coach, Organic Health & Beauty Consultant
ring ~ 770-393-4127 / 770-713-3570 cell
write ~ firstname.lastname@example.org
coach, consult ~ Don’t live in Atlanta? No problem. We coach worldwide!
career or corporate coaching ~ www.leesawheeler.com,
style ambassador ~ India Hicks ~ http://indiahicks.com/rep/LeesaWheeler
learn ~ www.healthyhighway.wordpress.com ~ Healthy News You Can Use!
skype ~ healthyhighway
zoom ~ https://zoom.us/j/8455935408