Learn about the holiday foods and decorations that can harm your pets.
Note: If your pet has consumed a dangerous item, contact your veterinarian immediately.
Chocolate, bones and nuts, can be toxic or even fatal to pets.
1. Chocolate is toxic to all animals and in particular small dogs. It can cause vomiting, hyperactivity, heart arrhythmias, tremors and seizures. Chocolate contains caffeine and methylxanthines; the darker the chocolate the more toxic. It is interesting that darker chocolate is BETTER for us humans and you can make your own healthy chocolate.
2. Unbaked Bread Dough, if eaten by your pet, can expand in the stomach causing a bellyache. The yeast creates alcohol can cause seizures and respiratory failure.
3. Bones, especially from poultry and fat trimmings, either cooked or uncooked, are dangerous for dogs. A dog can choke on bones which can splinter and cause lacerations in your dog’s digestive system.
4. Spices such as nutmeg can cause seizures and even death. Sage can cause vomiting.
5. Macadamia nuts and moldy walnuts can cause seizures, lethargy, vomiting and loss of muscle control. Dogs can experience an elevated heart rate that can lead to death. Read how good mold free walnuts can be so very healthy for us humans.
6. Coffee full of caffeine can create seizures, abnormal heart rhythm and death in pets. All caffeinated drinks can have the same effect.
7. Fruitcake filled raisins and currants and yeast cam sometimes prove quite dangerous for your cats and dogs. Small amounts of these dried fruits can make dogs sick and larger amounts can cause kidney failure.
8. Onions and garlic in any form can damage red blood cells in pets leading to anemia.Some holiday plants are poisonous and decorations can cause ill health.
9. Holly can cause intense vomiting, diarrhea and depression.
10. Mistletoe can cause significant vomiting and diarrhea, erratic behavior, hallucinations and even death when ingested. Mistletoe kissing can be beneficial to your health, but pets just eat it.
11. Tinsel, although not toxic, if it is consumed it be fatal as it twists and bunches inside your pet’s intestines. Cats find it very attractive.
12. Strands of Lights are shocking when a pet bites into one. That one bite has been known to cause seizures and a build-up of fluid in their lungs.
It is Important That We Take Care Of Our Pet Friends.
In their innocence our pets can easily eat some of the above. Dogs like to copy us and fit in with whatever we are doing. Cats are simply very curious and will try anything. These traits of cats and dogs are some of the reasons why we love them so much. So let’s take care of them this Christmas with healthy treats just for them.
Take Care of Yourself Too
You don’t want to suffer either! Your pets are very sensitive to your moods and well being. Here are some healthy yummy treats for YOU! Leesa recommends choosing only organic ingredients!
Cranberry Ginger Bars Anything with ginger takes great but this is a particularly heavenly combination.
Apple Cake with Cinnamon – Gluten Free This is a deeply satisfying cake filled with nourishing ingredients. It took me five tries to get this just right!
Would feeling fantastic every day make a difference in your life?
Healthy Highway is a Healthy Lifestyle Company offering Lifestyle Solutions for a Happy Healthy You! We help people who are…
- Wanting Work Life Balance.
- Needing Stress Relief.
- Concerned about their health and the environment.
- Frustrated battling allergies to gluten, foods, dust, chemicals, pollen.
- Overwhelmed with choosing the best products for their body, home, and office.
- Unsatisfied with their relationships with the men and women in their life and are ready to transform them into satisfying, happy partnerships.
- Standing at a Career Crossroad.
- Preparing to start a family and want a healthy baby.
- Seeking solutions for aging, more energy, and a good night’s sleep!
Are any of these an issue or problem for you? Would it make sense for us to spend several minutes together to discuss your needs and how HealthyHighway can meet them? As a Healthy Lifestyle Coach with an emphasis on allergies and wellness, Leesa teaches her clients to make informed choices and enables them to make needed changes for a Happy Healthy Lifestyle. What you eat, what products you use ~ on your body and in your home and office, how you talk to yourself ~ it all matters!
I look forward to helping YOU Live a Happy Healthy Life! Remember, Excellent Health is found along your way, not just at your destination.
Leesa A. Wheeler
Member International Association for Health Coaches
ring ~ 770-393-1284
write ~ email@example.com
visit ~ www.healthyighway.org
coach, consult, contact ~ www.healthyhighway.org/contact.html
(Don’t live in Atlanta? Not a problem! We do virtual coaching worldwide!)
join our mailing list ~ www.healthyhighway.org
chcws ~ www.chews4health.com/Leesa
enjoy ~ www.chewcolat.com
follow ~ www.twitter.com/HealthyHighway
learn ~ www.healthyhighway.wordpress.com
join ~ www.google.com/+LeesaWheeler
skpe ~ healthyhighway