1. You have between 2 and 4 million sweat glands in your body.
2. Your feet alone have about 250,000 sweat glands between them.
3. Sweating from stress and sweating to cool down are chemically different. When you sweat because you’re hot, it comes from your eccrine glands, but when you sweat because you’re stressed, it comes from your apocrine glands.
4. The name for excessive sweating is hyperhidrosis, and about 3 percent of people have it.
5. Speaking of which, excessive sweating can be a symptom of menopause.
6. On the other hand, the name for absent sweating (or not sweating at all) is anhidrosis, which is dangerous because your body can overheat.
7. There might be some credence to the saying, “Men sweat, women glow.” On average, men sweat 40 percent more than women.
8. The more in shape you are, the more quickly and profusely your body will sweat. It does this to cool itself down so you can work out at a greater intensity for a longer period of time.
9. Sweat has a stinky reputation, but sweat itself doesn’t actually smell. The odor comes from the bacteria on your skin instead.
10. Pigs actually have very few sweat glands, so the expression “sweating like a pig” is scientifically inaccurate. Instead, it probably refers to how smelly pigs make themselves by bathing in mud to cool down.
11. The saltiness of sweat varies from person to person. Some people also sweat more than others.
12. If you thought your sweat was conspicuous, consider hippos’ sweat: it’s RED. The colored pigment both acts a sunscreen and kills bacteria.
By Kara Sherrer, from SpryLiving
Would feeling fantastic every day make a difference in your life? Healthy Highway is a Healthy Lifestyle Company offering Lifestyle Solutions for a Happy Healthy You! We help people who are…
- Wanting Work Life Balance.
- Needing Stress Relief.
- Concerned about their health and the environment.
- Frustrated battling allergies to gluten, foods, dust, chemicals, pollen.
- Overwhelmed with choosing the best products for their body, home, and office.
- Unsatisfied with their relationships with the men and women in their life and are ready to transform them into satisfying, happy partnerships.
- Standing at a Career Crossroad.
- Preparing to start a family and want a healthy baby.
- Seeking solutions for aging, more energy, and a good night’s sleep!
Are any of these an issue or problem for you? Would it make sense for us to spend several minutes together to discuss your needs and how HealthyHighway can meet them? As a Healthy Lifestyle Coach with an emphasis on allergies and wellness, Leesa teaches her clients to make informed choices and enables them to make needed changes for a Happy Healthy Lifestyle. What you eat, what products you use ~ on your body and in your home and office, how you talk to yourself ~ it all matters!
I look forward to helping YOU Live a Happy Healthy Life! Remember, Excellent Health is found along your way, not just at your destination.
Leesa A. Wheeler
Member International Health Coach Association
ring ~ 770-393-1284
write ~ email@example.com
visit ~ www.healthyighway.org
consult/coach ~ www.healthyhighway.org/contact.html
join our mailing list ~ www.healthyhighway.org
chcws ~ www.chews4health.com/Leesa
enjoy ~ www.chewcolat.com
follow ~ www.twitter.com/HealthyHighway
learn ~ www.healthyhighway.wordpress.com
join ~ www.google.com/+LeesaWheeler
skpe ~ healthyhighway