30 Ways to Add More Life to Your Years
By Nazia Mallick, Ode
Deep down we all wish to live a rich and enlightened life. That is why we make those resolutions every year, for greater biological efficiency, less disease, increased finances, a more successful career, and an increasingly better quality of life. It is still not too late. Only a few months have passed and there are several glorious months left to turn a new leaf, open a new chapter or just quietly revel in the sudden newness of your life.
You can still make your decisions about how you can add more life to your years.
Here is a good list of some wise suggestions to enhance the quality of your life on day-to-day basis. I hope they will bring much sweetness and a tremendous change in your outlook towards life.
- Great love and great achievement involve great risk. Take the risk anyway.
- When you love someone, love them deeply and passionately. You might get hurt, but it is the only way to live life fully.
- Don’t let a little dispute injure a great friendship. Make amends immediately.
- When you realize you have made a mistake, hurt someone’s feelings, take immediate steps to correct it. Ask forgiveness.
- Keep your arms open to change, but don’t let go of your personal values.
- Talk slowly, but think quickly. Rationally.
- Quiet the voice in your head that says “I can’t do this.”
- Don’t quit, no matter what. Confucius said, “everything comes to those who wait.”
- Always live in a radiating possibility; become part of life’s song.
- Make conscious effort to change at least one negative attitude in your personality everyday. Surprise yourself.
- If you must fight, do it in a fair manner. Without calling/dropping names.
- Avoid judging people by their relatives. Accept them for who they are.
- When someone asks you a question that you wish to avoid answering, smile and ask, “Why do you want to know?”
- Remember that silence is sometimes the best answer.
- Spend some time alone. It has great potential to recharge your energies.
- Try to live a good and honorable life because when you get older and reflect upon it, you’ll get to enjoy it a second time.
- Marry the man/woman with whom you love to talk with. As you get older, the conversations will essentially become a more important feature, in your life with each other.
- Be kind to the environment for your own sake. Avoid litter, plastic, defacing walls and natural surroundings.
- Smile when picking up the phone. The caller will hear it in your voice.
- Once a year plan to go to someplace you have never been before. It rejuvenates you like no other.
- When you are having disagreements with loved ones, deal with the current problem. Never rake up the past.
- When you lose out on something, don’t lose the lesson.
- The best relationship is the one when your love for one another is greater than your need for one another.
- When you say, “I love you,” mean it.
- When you hug someone, open your heart. Do it with love.
- Make eye contact. Look people in the eye softly when you speak to them. Try it and see the difference.
- Your character is your destiny. Build your character.
- Sometimes, not getting what you want is actually a blessing in disguise. Always look at the blessing.
- Take serious care of your health. Health indeed is wealth, not a cliché.
- Live life like it is your last day on the earth. King size.
Ode, the magazine for Intelligent Optimists, is an international independent journal that publishes positive news, about the people and ideas that are changing our world for the better. Click here for your FREE issue.