The data shows:
- Tokyo, Japan gets the least sleep – 5 hr. 44 min.
- Melbourne, Australia gets the most sleep – 6 hr. 58 min.
- Brisbane, Australia is earliest to rise – 6:29 a.m.
- Moscow, Russia is latest to rise — 8:08 a.m.
- Stockholm, Sweden takes the most steps – 8,876.
- San Paulo, Brazil takes the least steps – 6,254.
“The movement and sleep patterns of a city tell an amazing story about its culture and people,” says Brian Wilt, Jawbone’s data scientist who crunched the numbers. “How active is a city? When do they go to bed on average, and how much do they sleep? … Each pattern forms a distinct ‘thumbprint’ for the city, the unique way its citizens live their lives.”
What about your city? Do the people in your city sleep enough? Do they move enough? Let us know in the comments below….
By Lisa Kaplan Gordan
Lisa Kaplan Gordon, creator of frugalgarden.com, is an award-winning journalist, avid gardener and fly-fisher. She lives in Northern Virginia on a half acre that always needs weeding. Please visit her on Twitter (@kaplan_lisa) and Facebook (Lisa Kaplan Gordon). Jawbone is a San Francisco-based company specializing in consumer technology and wearable devices.
Would feeling fantastic every day make a difference in your life? Healthy Highway is a Healthy Lifestyle Company offering Lifestyle Solutions for a Happy Healthy You! We help people who are…
- Wanting Work Life Balance.
- Needing Stress Relief.
- Concerned about their health and the environment.
- Frustrated battling allergies to gluten, foods, dust, chemicals, pollen.
- Overwhelmed with choosing the best products for their body, home, and office.
- Unsatisfied with their relationships with the men and women in their life and are ready to transform them into satisfying, happy partnerships.
- Standing at a Career Crossroad.
- Preparing to start a family and want a healthy baby.
- Seeking solutions for aging, more energy, and a good night’s sleep!
Are any of these an issue or problem for you? Would it make sense for us to spend several minutes together to discuss your needs and how HealthyHighway can meet them? As a Healthy Lifestyle Coach with an emphasis on allergies and wellness, Leesa teaches her clients to make informed choices and enables them to make needed changes for a Happy Healthy Lifestyle. What you eat, what products you use ~ on your body and in your home and office, how you talk to yourself ~ it all matters!
I look forward to helping YOU Live a Happy Healthy Life! Remember, Excellent Health is found along your way, not just at your destination.
Leesa A. Wheeler
Member Inernational Association for Health Coaches
ring ~ 770-393-1284
write ~ firstname.lastname@example.org
visit ~ www.healthyighway.org
coach, consult, contact ~ www.healthyhighway.org/contact.html
(Don’t live in Atlanta? Not a problem! We do virtual coaching worldwide!)
join our mailing list ~ www.healthyhighway.org
chcws ~ www.chews4health.com/Leesa
enjoy ~ www.chewcolat.com
follow ~ www.twitter.com/HealthyHighway
learn ~ www.healthyhighway.wordpress.com
join ~ www.google.com/+LeesaWheeler
skpe ~ healthyhighway